6 Things We Get From Pursuing Wisdom
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
The above three verses give us clear descriptions of what Wisdom has to offer us if we pursue it in every area of our life. Below is a description of six things God gives us when we pursue his wisdom rather than our own wisdom:
1. Prosperity of Patience: "Length of days" means the act of patience and the right
hand is associated with prosperity in Hebrew culture.
What it means: Wisdom will give you the patience needed to be prosperous in God's Kingdom
2. Protection of Blessings: "Riches and honour" indicate blessings in the temporal
and spiritual. The left hand in Hebrew culture was often covered and use of the term "left
hand" figuratively indicated protection.
What it means: Wisdom protects the blessings that God freely gives us.
3. Pleasant Lifestyle: The term "way" means lifestyle and the term "pleasantness" just
means pleasantness. Who knew?!
What it means: Letting God's wisdom guide our lifestyle offers a more enjoyable spiritual life.
4. Direction towards Completeness: The word "peace" can also mean
completeness. "Path" means direction.
What it means: God's wisdom gives us direction that doesn't lead to loose ends. You will be complete in God no matter where he tells you to go.
5. Consistent Refreshment: The term "tree" means something firm, like a
foundation."Life" means refreshment in the spirit.
What it means: Wisdom provides a living source of refreshment in our spirit if we choose to take hold of it.
6. Blessed To Grasp: "Happy" means blessed and "retain" means to fully grasp
What it means: When we understand the wisdom God is relaying to us, we become happy in our lives and continue in our God walk with joy.
"So How Do I Get These 6 Things," You Ask?
With all that in mind, there are three actions implied in the above scripture that allow us to get all 6 of these things and more. Here they are in your weekly ACTIVATION:
1. Embrace what God offers you (i.e. blessings, challenges, ministry)
2. Pursue the plan God gives you to complete it (i.e. extended fast,
deeper prayer, other actions)
3. When you see the fruits of your pursuit, hold tight and don't let go
no matter what happens.
Write your findings down and feel free to share them in our comments. Here is a video that further explains the activation and provides a little humor, too:
Chris Farris is the author of The Way, a manual detailing how to implement the Beatitudes into your life. He review events and other media and offers other insights into writing and working for the Kingdom of God.